Top tips for boosting your Workplace metrics
We’ve pulled together a list of top tips you can use to improve your organization's Insights metrics.
To get the most out of Workplace, you want all of your colleagues to be active and engaged. Getting everyone there can be a challenge, but luckily you have a wealth of data available in the Insights section of the Admin Panel to help you track, measure and understand your Workplace’s health.People
Activated users: The number of people who have accepted the invite to join Workplace and have activated their profiles. To get the most impact out of Workplace, you’re going to want this number to be at at least 80% with a goal of 100%.
- Send weekly activation reminders via Workplace to all invited but not yet activated accounts.
- Send a personalized activation message from the CEO. When leadership takes an active role in promoting Workplace, the rest of your organization tends to get on board. Using email may be your best option and you can do a mail merge to personalize the message.
Monthly active users: The number of people who were active on Workplace in the last 28 days. A person is considered active on a specific day if they have used Workplace on any device.
- Hold monthly Live Q&A sessions with the CEO. Monthly Live Q&As are guaranteed to bring more of your colleagues into Workplace each month. Live Q&A sessions give your employees a unique opportunity to engage in dialogue with leadership in a public forum. Make Workplace the only place where they can watch the live stream and be sure to promote the event using all of your communication channels.
- Move all company announcements to Workplace and use your corporate channels such as email to inform staff when announcements are made, linking them to Workplace to find out more.
Engaged users: The number of people who were active on Workplace on at least 10 days of the last 28 days. Data shows that 85% of Retained people are still active after 6 months, so this metric is key to assessing the health of your Workplace after launch.
- Enlist the support of people managers in moving all team and project communication to Workplace. People managers are incredibly influential, when they move their team’s communication to Workplace their direct reports follow suit. Share learning resources with people managers such as the People Manager Guide and Managing a Project in Workplace to help them understand how they can use Workplace to centralize communication and get more done with their team.
- Make Workplace the default homepage on all computers. Seeing conversations and collaboration on Workplace will encourage more people to jump in and get involved.
People across Workplace: This table shows the number of invited, activated, monthly, weekly, and daily active, and retained people across Workplace. Use these metrics to analyze Workplace use across segments of your organization.
- Get creative with friendly competitions! Use the data in the People across Workplace table to set up activation competitions across teams and departments. Learn more in our guide to getting your whole organization on Workplace.
- Use the table to identify low performing teams and departments and set up training sessions to teach employees how Workplace can benefit them.
How people are accessing Workplace: Mobile opens up opportunities for people to stay connected no matter where they are. We’ve found that people who use the mobile apps are twice as likely to use Workplace every day.
Use our MSI to install the Workplace Chat app on all managed machines and make it the default chat application in your organization. For more information on the Workplace Chat MSI, visit the Technical Resources.Activity
Use the Activity tab to understand how much content, such as posts and comments, is being created in your Workplace. Content production is a big part of how Workplace can enhance connections and improve communication across your company.
There’s no one size fits all for these metrics. Your monthly posts and comments will depend on the number of people using Workplace at your organization.
- Go Live in your Company Announcements group to recognize and reward your top contributors. By publicly recognizing employees for their Workplace activity you incentivize more of your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Have your champions create open feedback and announcement groups for their teams and departments and encourage them to post regularly, and to comment and interact with posts made by their coworkers.
- Create a company-wide group where employees can share news, market trends, opinion pieces and other industry-related blurbs with one another.
- Create a designated group where employees feel empowered and encouraged to share brilliant ideas and helpful criticisms. Groups like “Product Feedback” and “Big Ideas” can engage employees and help you gain valuable feedback from across your organization.
The Posts tab allows you to see how an individual post in a group is performing. Track the number of people who have seen, read, commented or reacted to the post, and how people feel about it. Use these insights to inform future communications.
- Format your posts: People are generally put off by large blocks of text. Use Workplace’s post formatting to add headers, bullet points, bold and italic text, and even emojis and gifs to make your posts more readable and engaging.
- Add images: Visuals get people’s attention, use them often to amplify your posts.
- Share videos: Most people retain information better through video than through reading. This makes video content an incredibly efficient and engaging tool for your internal communications. And with automatic captioning, your video content is more accessible and easier to consume.
- Create Notes: Have a lot to say? Create a doc directly in Workplace and get people’s attention with custom cover photos, advanced formatting capability, and embedded images and videos.
Want more tips on create engaging posts? Take our e-learning course, Fundamental Theories of Postology.Other helpful resources
Other helpful resources
- The Workplace adoption booster kit: A set of downloadable assets like videos and images to help you spread knowledge and drive Workplace adoption.
- System admin guide: Understand your role and responsibilities as system admin and learn the ins and outs of the Admin Panel.
- Getting your whole organization on Workplace: Get more tips and best practices for bringing more people to Workplace.
- Building an active and engaged Workplace community: A variety of resources to help you drive adoption and help people make the most our of Workplace.
- Measure the Success of Your Launch: Understand key metrics to track during and after your Workplace launch.